I’ve completed sculpties and added many texture processing improvements. Normal LLLP textures are JPEG2000 but I had to figure out how to store sculptie textures as PNGs so I could read them into the .NET/Mono graphics functions. Once I was more familiar with textures, I put in checks for transparency and put in the code to pass that info down into the renderer. There are some problems around PrimMesher but I don’t know if it’s a bug or me using it wrong. You’ll see the problems with box prims having the wrong textures on the bottom (most notable if someone rotated the box to use the hollow for a hole) and that textures are placed on scuplties upside down.
But it’s getting more stable and can pretty much do a sim. Walking around is not very easy but that will take prioritization of the work queues.
2 Responses to “LookingGlass progress 20090706”